Suzuki GSX-8S 2023



The First new big bikes from Suzuki to hit the UK since the last iteration of the Suzuki

GSXR thousand and that first hit the shelves or the dealers should I say in the UK back in

2017 if you can believe that so let's take a little bit of a look through your bike


so powering the new 8s and also the Strom is a new 776 CC double overhead cam parallel to an

engine and that's got a uh a 270 degree crank in there now the idea of that is to kind of

give it a bit of a sort of v-twinner-like feel you know a bit bit more Grumble bit more a bit

more character basically which is important uh you know because it's it's part of what makes

motorcycling enjoyable but uh yeah it's going to give it a bit of a bark and you know power

is around about 82 horsepower and uh torque is just shy of 60 foot pounds uh we can obviously

put all the proper details below should we need to uh now we haven't ridden the bike yet I haven't

even started the bike yet truth be told but uh knowing these sorts of engines as I do I know

it's going to be a sort of real tractable motor so I mean it's not going to rip your arms off uh

something that you know relatively novice Riders can get on and you know you can have a great time

on it you'll be able to do weekend work you'll be able to thrash the pants off of it without

um you know without getting into too much trouble and you're probably going to be able to do a bit

of commuting work as well so as well as the easy going motor the bike itself weighs around about

202 kilograms and there's a seat height of just 810 mil so you know that's nice and friendly I

have actually managed to sit on the bike and I'm five foot six and you know I can get my feet flat

on the ground and then the bars are sort of nicely splayed in front of you there's a real easy reach

to those bars and to those levers as well and that brake lever is actually span adjustable which is

a nice touch and then you know sticking with that sort of area of the bike we've got a new TFT Dash

so it's a five inch color TFT and it's a really neat layout actually sort of just flick the key

and just had a little bit of a look you've got a sort of analog rev counter mimicking thing

going on and then you've got all of your details and your information really clearly displayed so

you know I'm impressed with that and what's also nice is you've got an actual key I don't

like keyless ignition it's another thing to worry about it's another thing to lose so the fact that

you've got a key there like good old-fashioned motorbikes is that is is really chuffing good

in in my book uh now let's move on from the from the stats and let's talk about where this

thing actually belongs in the market so Suzuki are keeping the SV 650 for next year for 2023

and they've obviously also got the GSX s 950 as well the four-cylinder which kind of leads into

the GSX thousand as well so expect this bike to kind of sit between those two now we haven't got

um official pricing yet but I would expect maybe sort of taking an educated guess for it to be sort

of around about eight two so around 8 200 pounds but as I say we haven't got official figures just

yet uh and if you're watching this video in a year's time then head over to the Suzuki website

because I'm sure it will be completely different by then uh so we know where it lives in Suzuki's

range but where does it live in the market so if we take just the the naked 8s for now this is a

real saturated area of the market especially in the UK you think you've got everything from KTM

890 Dukes to you know you've got parallel trains from Kawasaki you've got yamaha's mt-07 you've

got Honda's new CB750 Hornet and I reckon this is going to be sort of marked against the new

Hornet because they're coming at the same sort of time now I haven't got all of the sort of numbers

you know to hand but what I will say is this is producing it was a slightly less power than the

Hornet I think the Hornet's around about 100 brake horsepower whereas this is scaled back a little

bit but but I don't think in the grand scheme of things that's going to be too much of an issue

unfortunately this bike is a little bit heavier as well but whether Suzuki you know really Pips the

Honda for me is in the Finish now I don't know what you can see on the screen I don't know how

good it looks but in the flesh this is a really well finished motorbike and you know there's lots

of plastic it's a plastic tank you've got plastic here but it's all finished in real lovely glossy

paint and this blue Livery in particular looks really good just out there past the camera there's

a white one again looks quite nice but for me this blue is really doing it for me so you know again

really really impressed The Hornet by comparison is probably going to be cheaper when it hits the

market but there's a lot more sort of sort of scratchy plastic it's fine for what it needs to

be but that sort of for a bike to be proud of and to look back at when you've parked it up I think

the Suzuki kind of clinches it on the on the looks department so as well as looking quite good you've

also got three engine maps and you've got stuff like an up and down quick shifter as well there's

also loads of optional accessories as I say there's one out there and it's covered in luggage

but I'm not going to go into any more detail than that really if you want to read the full story of

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.